Monday, May 20, 2013

Five-O caught me, now I'm going to the mountains Said goodbye to my girl, my lawyers, and accountants

This quilt was made for a recent (as in 2 days ago!) graduate of Loyola University in Maryland.  He has lined up a job with an accounting firm post-graduation, no mean feat in today's economy.


 The recipient was a Salisbury School student before graduating from Episcopal High School.  He played soccer and lacrosse in high school and was a member of the NCAA Loyola Greyhound Soccer Team.


In addition to playing sports himself, he is a huge sports fan, loving his hometown teams: the Ravens and the Orioles. 


The back of his quilt was made with an Orioles fleece blanket and a Loyola sweatshirt blanket with a bit of Ravens corduroy thrown in to stabilize the stretchy fabrics.


My trademark is to incorporate architectural elements of the garments whenever possible.   I have used pockets,  hoods, buttons, collars, etc but this is the first time I was challenged to use a zipper.  The Ravens corduroy peeks through when  the warmup jacket is unzipped.




The bottom of the block (cut off in the picture) is from a pair of Tommy Hilfiger boxers.  The recipient has a family member who works for this designer and always gave him the best prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment